Condensation and Mould Prevention
Please follow the steps below at all times to help prevent the build-up of condensation and associated problems.
- Always ventilate rooms as much as possible, if windows have trickle vents make sure they are open.
- If you have UPVC windows put them on the latch in the locked position. This allows air to circulate while the window is still locked.
- Velux Windows - There is a vent at the top where the window opens, this should be open at all times to ventilate your room.
- Keeps blinds & curtains open during the day to help air circulate.
- Avoid drying clothes on radiators and airers whenever possible. Make sure a window is open if you do.
- Condensation can form on the inside of windows & sills if this occurs wipe them down with a cloth or towel on a daily basis.
- Clean the insides of windows regularly to prevent any mould forming.
- If any mould appears wipe away with a mixture of bleach & water.
- Always wipe down shower cubicles & baths when you have finished & remove any water which may have gathered on the floor.
- Never turn extractor fans off.
- Make sure the heating is left on an appropriate setting during cold weather so rooms don’t get too cold and pipes don’t burst.
- Open windows and use extractor fans to provide adequate ventilation when cooking.